Looking for a reliable and competent plumbing professional? But between scams, poorly done work, unqualified craftsmen or bills that fly away, you can quickly find yourself with unpleasant surprises.
To avoid disappointment, we give you seven tips to help you choose your plumber.
4 tips to find the ideal plumber
Finding the best plumber near me is not always an easy task, but to have peace of mind, it’s worth it! Follow these 4 tips to help you find yours.
1. Do your research
The Internet is a great place to start your research. Obviously, the larger the sample size when doing a search, the more likely it is to find the right solution.
- Ask your friends to share the names of the professionals with whom they had a positive experience, read the reviews posted online and check out the different web pages that include a summary of the service providers offered. The more you know, the better you will be!
- The plumber you hire should hold a license issued by a recognized professional corporation. He should also have good references. You can ask for more. Again, a larger sample gives better results.
- Experience, thoroughness and above all reliability are qualities to look for the best plumber.
2. Do your homework
If you want to install a new shower, it would be useful for you to know as much as possible about the work to be done, before giving the contract. Do your homework.
- Ask at the shops and trade shows about the nature of the work, even if you know very little about the renovation. This will be beneficial to you.
- If you want to install a new sink, it’s a good idea to determine what type of sink you want and how much you are willing to pay, and to have basic knowledge about the different types of pipes.
3. Request a quote
Once you have completed your research, you will probably have reduced your list to three or four service providers. The next step will be to ask them to calculate a price for your project.
Requiring a quote is a very good way to know how much it will cost you for your project.
4. Ask for guarantees
Most plumbing parts and components come with guarantees, but service and maintenance are not always covered. Ask the professionals if they offer the service; their answer will help you to decide.
- The most experienced plumbers generally offer a service guarantee on the work they perform. The duration of this warranty can be a good indication of the plumber’s confidence in his abilities.
Finding a good plumber – or even the best plumber – can be a headache, especially for first-time homeowners, new homeowners, and those looking to change professionals after a bad experience. This task is never easy. Finding a competent plumber, however, is a peace of mind – and it’s priceless!
Once you have selected interesting ads, sort them. To be sure you have chosen the